Isn’t your Ask toolbar annoying? Wish to remove it? Like most other toolbars, the Ask toolbar is an add-on that can be added on your web browser to perform specific functions. This toolbar in particular acts like a search engine, and directs you to the search results generated by their parent site. The toolbar performs this action by changing your homepage to this site, and then acting as the default search provider. However, uninstalling this bulky toolbar is not as easy as you’d normally think.
How to remove Ask toolbar?
As there exists no popular way for Ask toolbar removal tool, the best, and equally effective way is to remove it from your system manually. Here are some guidelines for removing Ask toolbar from among the multiple Oss.
How to Removing Ask toolbar on Windows XP
- Close all currently open Web browsers.
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click on Add/remove Programs.
- Click on the program having Ask logo next to Ask Toolbar.
- Select Change/Remove.
- Click Run from Start menu.
- Type appwiz.cpl then click OK.
- Click on Ask Toolbar from the list.
- Click on Remove and check on Internet Explorer if the action came into effect.
How to Removing Ask toolbar on Windows Vista
- Close all currently opened web browsers.
- Click on Start in your desktop and choose Control Panel in the appearing window.
- Select Uninstall a program, under the Programs section.
- From next to the Ask Toolbar text, click on the program bearing the Ask logo.
- Click on Uninstall and then proceed to Continue, and remove the toolbar.
- Click on Start and then select the Start Search box.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the empty field, and click OK.
- In the list of installed programs, locate and select the Ask toolbar.
- Click on Uninstall to completely delete the Ask Toolbar.
- Inspect by restarting Internet Explorer, and see if the procedure worked.
How to Removing Ask toolbar from Firefox Explorer 1.5
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox application and select Tools on the top.
- Select Extensions to open the toolbar list.
- Click on the Ask toolbar.
- Click Uninstall and restart your Firefox to see if this worked.
You may also opt for any Ask toolbar removal tool that is available on the internet, though one of these might not always be effective.