Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client and personal information management software. It is the favorite and commonly used app for many Windows users out there. Although Outlook functions quite well most of the time, seldom you might bump into certain errors in Outlook. For instance, you might have noticed that your calendar entries become corrupted at times and it manifests in frustrating ways when you use the Outlook calendar app. Let’s get into the detailed issue.
Sometimes, on your attempt to create a new calendar event in Outlook, or view an existing calendar in this application, you may be distracted with error messages notifying you of some incorrect folders. These error notifications imply that your Outlook calendar entries have been corrupted and you will need to conduct an urgent Outlook Repair.
Fortunately, your Microsoft Outlook itself has an inbuilt Outlook repair feature that can fix your calendar issues easily and get back your calendar into normal working state. So, let’s see how the Outlook Repair guidelines can assist you in resolving such errors displayed when you use the Outlook calendar app on your PC.
Instructions to fix corrupt calendar issues in Microsoft Outlook application
- If you are currently using the Outlook app, then close the program and make sure that Microsoft Outlook program is no longer running in your PC.
- Click on the “Start” menu at the bottom left corner of your system screen and select the “Run” icon.
- Into the text box of the ‘Run’ option, type “outlook /cleanreminders” and hit “OK”. After this, Outlook will run a scan and repair all of your calendar entries itself.
- After the scan completes, open the “Start” menu from bottom left corner of screen and go back to the “Run” option once again.
- Into the text box of the ‘Run’ option, type “outlook /resetfolders” and then hit “OK.”
After this, Microsoft Outlook will reorganize your Outlook folders in order to ensure that the calendar entries are stored correctly.
In case you encounter any discrepancies in your Microsoft Outlook calendar app, as a first step towards troubleshooting, always consider using the built-in repair for Outlook before going for a technical help. This will probably solve all your issues with the Outlook calendar app.