Finally, you are convinced of Outlook’s genius. How could you not? Outlook presents you with such marvelous utilities and features that impress anyone. So before you venture into its world, it’s always better to know some basic information. Take a look.
The personal details you enter in Outlook like your contacts, e-mail addresses, calendars, events et al are all stored in a PST file, that’s Personal Storage Table. Now there’s also something called ‘OST’ file, which is Offline Folder file. This particular folder stores the contents of inbox. What’s interesting to note about an OST file is that it allows you to work offline, synchronize changes and then send the information once you are online. This tremendously helps when you have limited or unreliable connectivity.
But not everything works fine every time with ost files. Any damage or corruptions prevent you from receiving messages in your Outlook inbox. That’s when Outlook repair tool like Inbox Repair tool comes in handy. This Outlook repair tool helps in recreating the file’s database structure and allows you to use your inbox again. Check out how you to use this Outlook repair tool.
Outlook Repair: To correct the errors
Whenever you get into issues with your inbox in Outlook, then something must be wrong with your ost file. The first Outlook repair option that you can always look forward to is the ‘Inbox Repair tool’. To use it, follow these instructions.
- Simply close the Outlook application and go to ‘My Computers.’
- Navigate to the ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033 directory’ and then double click on ‘scanost.exe’ icon.
- The next Outlook repair step is to enter the username and password for your e-mail account when the authentication window appears.
- You see that ‘Scan all folders’ radio button? Just hit it to proceed to the next Outlook repair step.
- Enable the ‘Repair Errors’ option. Once it’s done, click on ‘Begin Scan’ button to scan and repair your inbox file.
- While the Outlook repair process may take a good half an hour to complete, you may relax and feel relieved of troubleshooting the errors yourself.
Use this Outlook help repair tool for Outlook issues and do away with the annoyances. Also, browse through the Outlook support website to get more info on other Outlook repair tools such as this one. So, whenever you face an issue, try using the built-in Outlook repair tools to fix these issues. Such Outlook repair tools are here for a reason – to maintain itself and rectify issues. So, use these tools regularly.