A Microsoft Outlook distribution list is basically a group of contacts that allows you to send an email to a special group of people.
Now, while creating a distribution list, you can give it a name of your preference. And as such, when sending an email to that list, all the people included in the list will receive the email, and avoiding inconvenience in having to send them separately. It is possible to add members to a distribution list from your Outlook address book. This article contains the instructions in doing the same.
Tech support instructions
For saving an Outlook address book contact list to a distribution list, all you have to do is to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Start off with this procedure by launching Outlook 2007 application on your computer.
- Continue by opening the email or other document which contains the list of names and email addresses.
- Choose all the names and addresses that you would like to include in the distribution list. Say for example if you want to include names from an email message, select all the names that are listed in the “To” or “Cc” box.
- Now, simply right-click on the selection and select “Copy” from the given menu.
- Following which, click on the Microsoft Office button in Outlook.
- Click on the option labeled “Create New Outlook Item” from the given menu, and then select the option which says “Distribution List”.
- Click on the tab titled “Distribution list”.
- Select the option labeled “Select Members” located under the “Members” section. This will open up the “Selected Members” dialogue box.
- Right click on the field titled “Members” and select the option which says “Paste” for pasting all the names and address from the contact like.
- Hit the “Ok” button.
- Provide a name for the distribution list in the “Name” field. Have a name that best describes the group of contacts; this makes it easier to recognize the list.
- Click on the option titled “Save and Close” located under the “Actions” section of the “Distribution” list and your distribution list will be saved in your contact folder.
That’s all with the instructions for saving a contact list to a distribution list in Outlook 2007. Have a nice day!