Outlook Express uses DBX files for storing e-mail messages. The DBX files are located in a folder titled “Stored Folder”. All of these files are indexed, after which the associated information is stored in Folders.dbx file. It contains the structure of all new groups, mail folders and synchronization data, if any.
Now, if incase the folder has become corrupted or damaged, it will affect other Outlook Express mail folders as well and in turn, making the data inaccessible. In some extreme cases, the corruption can further corrupt the mail folders. You can notice these issues while trying to send or receive an email message and so, it is important that you perform DBX Repair.
There are many practical cases which explains the above mentioned problem. Say for example; assume that you use Outlook Express for sending and receiving e-mail messages for your business and personal purposes. One day, you find that when you open Outlook Express for creating a new email message, and while trying to send it, you are not allowed to complete the action. Instead you are being greeted with an error message saying “MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module unknown”.
Reason behind this Outlook Express error
This problem will occur mostly if your folders.dbx file is either corrupted or missing. Also, if the file is set to read-only, you will face the same problem.
How to fix this issue
To resolve this error in your Outlook Express, you either need to un-mark the read-only attribute or rename the file according to the issue in place. To do this, follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Start off with this procedure by clicking on the Windows “Start” button.
- Click on the option which says “Find (or search)” from the start menu.
- Enter “Folders.dbx” in the file name box.
- Hit the button labeled “Search”.
- Ring click on the file you are looking for and select the option which says “Properties” from the given menu.
- Unmark the check box which says “Read-only” or rename it to “folders.old”.
- Re-open your Outlook Express for creating a new filders.dbx file.
Perform the same steps for the remaining folders showing the same corruption.
That’s all with the information regarding the error ‘Msimn Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module Unknown. Have a good day