Microsoft Outlook 2007 is email client software which is extremely popular among its users. However, Outlook files can get corrupt sometimes which prevents you from accessing the information stored in it. The goof thing is that, it is possible to repair those corrupted Outlook files and recover the lost information. This article contains instructions for doing the same.
Outlook repair instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Outlook repair team which will guide you through the process of repairing the corrupt data files and recovering information.
Instructions for recovering with inbox repair took
- First close your Outlook application.
- Navigate to “C:\\Users\\YOURUSERNAME\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Outlook” and if you use Windows XP you can find it in “C:\\Documents and Settings\\YOURUSERNAME\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Outlook“. Double click on the file titled “Scanpst.exe” for opening the inbox repair tool.
- Once the tool is opened, click on the button labeled “Browse” and locate your PST file. If you are a Windows Vista user, you can find it in “C:\\Users\\YOURUSERNAME\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Outlook\” and if you are using Windows XP or earlier it will be in \”C:\\Documents and Settings\\YOURUSERNAME\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Outlook“.
- Hit the “Start” button and if it detects anything, click “Ok”.
- Finally launch your Outlook application for accessing your recovered files.
Instructions for recovering using the recovery toolbox
- Start off by closing your Outlook application.
- Continue by opening the Recovery Tool Box for Outlook.
- Click on the option which says “Search for .pst and .ost files”.
- From the “Recover a file from a Profile” list, select “Outlook”. Hit the “Ok” button.
- Click on the appropriate Outlook profile that contains the information you would like to recover and hit the “Ok” button.
- Go through all the recovered data to make sure that it is from the right profile. If it is not, click back and repeat the same process with another Outlook profile, after that hit the “Next” button.
- Click on “Next” once again to recover the files to Outlook.
- Finally open your Outlook application to make sure that everything is ok.
That’s all with the Outlook repair instructions for fixing corrupt data files and recovering information. Thanks for reading and have a good day.